DO YOU KNOW
- By the close of 2011, the global population
would have reached 7 Billion. (Thatís more than
double the number of people living just 50 years
ago.) About half of them are women and girls.
- 1.2 Billion people are living in poverty
- 70% of them are women and children.
- Over 1 Billion Adults are illiterate
- 66% of them being women.
- 27 Million are refugees
- 80% of them are women and children.
- 1 Billion of us go hungry
- 2 Billion of us are surviving on less than $
1 per day.
- 1 Billion of us donít have access to clean
- More than 1 Thousand women die in pregnancy
or during childbirth.
A single person can...
- ..teach a child to read
- ..plant a tree
- ..visit a senior citizen
- ..find a cure
- ..stand up for others
- ..make someone smile
*July 11 is World Population Day
**Source : United Nations